This devotion series is focused on The Witness of Christ by His Children, before (or in the sight of) the world.
The Children of God are:
- Those who have been called of God; and brought to contrition for sin unto confession that Jesus Christ is Lord, Master, and Savior.
- Those who have been regenerated, baptized with the Spirit into His Body (1 Corinthians 12:13).
- Those who have come to know that Christ has indwelt them; and they cry out “Abba, Father.”
- Those who know that they have been made free from the law of sin and of death by the Spirit of Life (Romans 8:2).
- Those who are now a New Creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17); their conversion is based on the Atonement of Jesus Christ (Romans 3:24-25; 2 Corinthians 5:21); and they have now received Regeneration, manifested by the New Birth (John 3:3-8).
- Those who have given their bodies, souls, and spirits unto God; to be set apart in this world; to walk in Christ’s Love, Holiness, and Power.
- Those who know they are Christ’s Body, even the Church (Galatians 3:25-29).
These are His People, the Children of Promise, the Children of Abraham; those who have the same kind of faith as Abraham (even Christ living in them, who is The Faith Himself; Galatians 2:20); those who bear the testimony of Christ in this world.
Isaac’s life and the events of Genesis 26 are used as the example for these devotions in answering the questions – What Does the World See in God’s People? and Why?
I pray that these devotions will be used of God to stir your heart as a Child of God, and to encourage you to rejoice in the Provision, Protection, and Power of God, as you travel on your earthly journey.
It is time for us, God’s true People, to take note of who we are and of the testimony we bear in our daily living. It is time to stand as never before in our country, as God’s People, to present Christ in our daily lives as our Lord and Master, our Savior, our Provider, our Protector, and as our Power. It is time for us to dwell therein with the goal of Glorifying Christ in all we say and do.
The Child of God is God’s walking billboard, the advertisement of His Grace, Love, and Mercy to this wicked world (Philippians 2:11-12). It is true that the Spirit-filled Child of God living in Christ, and Christ living in him, may be the only message seen by some people of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the change He makes in Regeneration and Sanctification of the sinner.
If, as a Child of Grace, you are not being blessed with Grace, Mercy, Power, and Peace, no matter your surroundings – then it is time for a self-examination (2 Corinthians 13:5); a spiritual check-up to see why not. Are you in the right place? Are you surrendered in body, soul, and spirit to God as your Lord and Master? Have you submitted to His Will? Have you obeyed His Word of Command? And are you enduring in the same?
The answers to these questions will be studied in these devotions as Isaac’s life and actions are examined.
It has been said that people are actors on a stage – and so are the Children of God as they carry out God’s Purpose in their life.
The questions remain – What is your part in the play of life? What act of the play are you in at this present moment? Examine your performance; does it conform to God’s Word?
If not, find out the reasons; confess to Christ and change; and give Christ your all, your entire being, body, soul, and spirit.
Then, and only then, will you be Blessed of God and the world will testify:
“And they said, We saw certainly that the LORD was with thee.” (Genesis 26:28a)