“Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.” (Psalms 30:11-12)
Child of God, we may not be free from troubles, trials, and tribulations – we may be, even now, in the darkest valley we have ever found ourselves in. But for all His Children, Christ has inwardly, “put off” our “sackcloth” and “girded” us with “gladness.” This is a long process; and we are all in a different stage of His process.
It all seems to begin with our troubles. There we begin to seek God as never before in our life. Then His intense training begins. God’s Training Schools are very difficult on the flesh, but necessary. This training can be a very lonely training.
But sometimes, God sends us someone to help us in our journey – another Child of God to lend their support and show His Love for us, even (and especially) in the depth of our valley. But even if we are ‘alone,’ His Spirit is always with us, never forsaking us, always with His hand upon us (Hebrews 13:5; Psalm 139:5).
Thus, even in our training school, God will bring us to say, ‘Yes, Thou hast turned my mourning in dancing; I have dropped my sackcloth (clothes used for mourning) for clothes of gladness!’ Oh how precious is that day – that day we know that Christ is our Joy; even in the midst of this hell wherein we walk daily.
There are several things that we come to see:
1) We know first, all our troubles and training have come upon us so that “my glory may sing praise to thee and not be silent.” We are not ever to be silent in our thanks to God for His Sufficiency and His Supply in Sustaining us; now, today, tomorrow, forever, and always. Hallelujah! God’s training school has not destroyed us; but instead, it has healed us, and turned our heart back to our first love, even to Christ. Hallelujah! His school has not condemned us, but conformed us. Now we have a reason to praise Him for ever and ever.
2) We know second, if it is God’s plan, He will bring us our soul mate, our other half; no matter where we are, no matter how deep our valley. When God brings that person into our life, we will then realize the greatest token of His Love for us in the physical and in the spiritual. In the physical, God reveals His Love in marriage. We can never know this kind of love, until we are brought to our God-ordained soul mate. And the supply God will bring you is much more than physical. For spiritually, through your love, He will teach you the beauty and value of Ephesians 5:22-33.
3) We know thirdly, God has a definite plan for our life in His Kingdom’s Work. He will reveal it to us, but only at His time, and perhaps in stages. We will know not how we are to carry out this vision, until His time is right. If it is part of His Plan and Purpose, He will, at His time, bring the right person into our life; He will reveal to them their part in His Plan; and the rest will be history.
4) We know fourthly, if God brings that special person into our life, it is an opportunity for us to carry out Ephesians 5:22-33 toward our spouse. He will reveal our responsibility to each other to guide us into truth by word and example.
5) And we know fifthly, if God joins two of His Children in marriage, it is to manifest the benefits of a true Godly marriage. Herein the husband and wife are in obedience to His instructions concerning marriage; which is revealed in two ways:
First, Inwardly: by filling and fulfilling both with the greatest love known to man and woman in marriage. He will reveal such sweetness, respect, passion, satisfaction, and completeness in body, soul, and spirit through each other’s love and affection.
Second, Outwardly: by being a beautiful outward witness and testimony of a Godly marriage to all that view or come in contact with us.
6) We know sixth, that God is the Origin of our marriage. He is the Designer, Creator, Controller, and Sustainer of this marriage. We know that it is in His Love we are joined; and it shall be for all eternity, which is for ever and ever.
7) And seventh, we know the fruits that our love and marriage bear are but a token, or earnest payment, of greater things to come from our union. We know these fruits are of Christ; they resemble Christ, His Holiness, His Peace, His Power. Therefore, we have confidence that we shall only grow more and more; that we shall bear more fruit; that the fruit to come will be of Righteousness; and that this fruit will remain.
Hallelujah! Praise the Lamb of God for His Eternal Purpose in Christ for us!
“Thank you God, forever and ever, for including us in Your Election and Purpose to conform us to Your Image; to make us sons of God and to give us Your Power; to indwell us; and to enable us to perform Your Commandment of Love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen”
This gives us such a perfect union. We are sealed with complete confidence, assurance and freedom. We are brought to a sweet, sweet peace and rest. We love Christ more and more; and we Praise Him and Thank Him more and more, now and forever more.
No matter what, no matter where; we know that we always want to be in the center of His Will; we always want to wait on His time.
Child of God, no matter where you are; if you are in a deep valley, if you are single and alone – pray and wait for His time. If it is in His Plan and Purpose, He will bring you your Eternal Soul Mate. Don’t rush; wait on Him. The blessings you receive will be worth the wait.