- The Heart Revealed
- The Foundation Revealed
- More Blocks of The Foundation
- The Rest of the Foundation
- What Does It Mean to Call Upon God?
- The Surety that God Hears our Prayers
- The Answer of Our Prayers by God
- My Practice Before God – Part One
- My Practice Before God – Part Two
- Who is it That God Reveals Himself To?
- What God Does for His People
- Who is God?
- The Actions of God and the Results to Me – Part One
- The Actions of God and the Results to Me – Part Two
- The Actions of God and the Results to Me – Part Three
- The Actions of God and the Results to Me – Part Four
- The Actions of God and the Results to Me – Part Five
- The Actions of God and the Results to Me – Part Six
- The Actions of God and the Results to Me – Part Seven
- The Actions of God and the Results to Me – Part Eight
- The Actions of God and the Results to Me – Part Nine
- Praises to God – Part One
- Praises to God – Part Two
(Psalms 18:46) “The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.”
David begins to summarize his Psalm with his final praise to God and the reasons why. Would to God that all of God’s people would give God the credit for deliverance, physically and spiritually, daily; and for sure, at the end of life’s journey. It is very important to praise God for all things; especially for deliverance from every enemy of the Cross.
When praises come from the believer, it indicates the level of fellowship the saint has with God. When the believer acknowledges God as his Deliverer, it reveals the following:
Who God is: “The LORD”
David revealed he had a witness of Jehovah in his heart. Jehovah is the Self-Existent One; without beginning or ending. The same as Joshua, or Jesus; the Jewish national name of God.
- David said, “The LORD liveth.” David claimed that Jehovah was alive for ever more. The only True God is Life Himself, and the Author and Giver of all physical and spiritual life. No other so-called “god” can make this claim, or prove this claim, of being the Fountain-Head of Life, both physical and spiritual. The foundation of Jehovah’s claim is the Bible, the written Word of God. Also, the internal witness of men who testify that Christ lives in them and operates His Power in them. These people claim that Jesus is alive, and continues to live in them, and ever will; “wherefore the saints may conclude that their life in every sense is safe and secure” in Christ.
- Then David said, “and blessed be my rock.” David’s claim, and the claim of all the children of God, has and shall ever be, that Jehovah (or Jesus) is “my Rock”; is my Foundation, my Safe Place, my Refuge, my Security, and my Savior. David stated that Jehovah was his Defense and his Support and his Defender against all of his enemies. David said that God was his “El-Shaddai,” God, the All-Sufficient One. Therefore, David had no need of any other. When a man has God living in him, he needs no other.
The Message: “and let the God of my salvation be exalted.”
David was in the praise mode; and not in the want mode; not ‘God, I want something from you.’ David was saying, ‘I first want to praise You, and nothing else.’ But, what happens when a child of God begins to praise God for His Eternalness and His Greatness and His Goodness for and to His people, now and forever – is that it affects positively those who see and hear the child of God praising God, and Him alone, for all supply and for all salvation, both physical and eternal. It also brings the Glory of God before the unbeliever. And it causes the believer to do the same to God – that is, to praise and exalt God above all things.
This Scripture should convict all the ‘born-again’ complainers. It should cause them to remember that it was God that brought them from spiritual darkness and spiritual deadness to spiritual life; from a life of defeat and bondage to sin to a life of victory and abundance in the Supply of Christ; from being controlled by the lust of the flesh, lust of the eye, and the pride of life to a complete dependence upon Christ and upon His power to overcome sin and every enemy of this world; from a life of despair facing hell to a life of hope of eternal life with Christ forever and ever. The born-again complainer should remember how God has never let one promise fail; but He always, in every circumstance and situation, saved him out of all his troubles. How can the born-again believer forget the peace and joy of the hour they first believed Christ as Savior from the penalty, punishment, and power of sin?
Oh, born-again complainer, “let not your heart be troubled.” Your day can change by stop complaining what God has not done in your life; and start praising God for who He is, and what He has done, and what He is doing for you, and what He shall do for you in the future.
Change your song from “Oh, me!” to “Amen, and Hallelujah to the Lamb of God!” and “let the God of my salvation be exalted.” Child of God, God is exalted whether you praise Him or not. But, it honors God for you to magnify Him; to glorify Him; to praise Him; to acknowledge and proclaim with your voice and deeds that He is the only True and Living God, the Creator, Controller, and Consummator of all things. Say with Solomon that Christ is “the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys… the chiefest among ten thousand… He is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend.”
Let the children of God say:
(Psalms 18:3) “I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.”
(Revelation 5:12-13) “Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. (13) And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.”
This, Child of God, will honor God and affect those around you in a positive way. How can any child of God do less than to praise and exalt the One and True and Living God, the Savior?