What is the Fruit of Repentance?
1) A 180 degree turn from sin and self to God and His Sufficiency (see Acts 20:21; 26:20); the command is to “repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.”
This is the Fruit of, or the Result of, the Gift of Repentance. If you have been given Godly Sorrow; you will have a change of mind toward God, even faith, or perception, to Christ, Who is God.
2) The Fruit of the New Man is Galatians 5:22-23, because:
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
“This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,” (Ephesians 4:17)
“Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:” (Ephesians 4:18)
“Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.” (Ephesians 4:19)
“But ye have not so learned Christ;” (Ephesians 4:20)
“If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:” (Ephesians 4:21)
“That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;” (Ephesians 4:22)
“And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;” (Ephesians 4:23)
“And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.” (Ephesians 4:24)
The “old man” is crucified (Romans 6:4-11). That is, he is no longer in rule, or in dominion, or in control of your spirit. After regeneration, the soul and the spirit are separated (Hebrews 4:12); and the spirit is made new (called the New Man).
Now the life that you live is by (The) Faith, Christ:
(Galatians 2:20) “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
You now walk in Love, in the Light, and circumspectly; full of the Spirit; in Joy and Submission (Ephesians 5:1-21).
3) Your life is dead and hid in God with Christ; and you set your affections on things above (Colossians 3:1-3). Because of that fact, you will “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth…” (Colossians 3:5-25). (See also Ephesians 4:25-32; 5:1-33; 6:1-18; etc.)
You will walk as Christ walked, in love (1 John 2:4-6; 3:11-24; 4:7-21; 5:1-21; John 13:34.)
4) You will be brought to where Christ is (John 17:21-24) and made to behold His Glory; for which you were prepared before time (Romans 9:23-24; Ephesians 1:4-11); for which you were Called (1 Corinthians 1:9) to Glorify and Virtue (2 Peter 1:3-4; 1 Thessalonians 2:12; Colossians 1:27; 1 Peter 1:7, 13; 4:13; 5:4, 10).
5) The Fruit of True, God-given Repentance is a change of mind from serving the flesh to now serving the Spirit; a change from being a servant of unrighteousness to now being a Servant of Righteousness and a Friend of God.
Now your fruit is unto holiness (Romans 6:13-23).
Now you are free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).
Now you know that you are a New Creature in Christ, and old things (the old man and his lusts) have passed away (as far as having dominion, or rule, over you).
Now all things have become new (that is, new in Christ).
Now you have a new desire; new goal; new understanding; new ability to discern spiritual things.
Now you have the mind of Christ; now you have Christ (or Love) dwelling in you.
Now you have Eternal Life (Christ Himself; 1 John 5:20) living in you.
Now you are indwelt by the Spirit of God; and you have the Power to Perform His Commandments.
Hallelujah! for the Gift of Repentance; for now you have a changed mind.
6) Also, as a Child of God, and a Possessor of Repentance (a changed mind); you will exercise that gift when you do sin:
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)